Tuesday, June 21, 2016

New Look, New Name, New... Me?

Guys.  I don't know about you, but I am beat today!  I had so much energy yesterday, and today? Nothing! Haha!  Oh well.  So it goes, I guess.

For those of you that have been keeping up with my blog during the summer months, sorry I'm always MIA during the school year.  You know how it goes.  Crazy starts happening, and things have to get back-burnered.  Unfortunately, I back-burnered a ton of the wrong things this school year in addition to the blog.  Womp, womp, womp.

So in an effort to be a better person, I'm making a lot of changes in my life this summer.  And I've got plenty of time to do it now. Haha!

Thanks to City Girl in Third, I have a new look on my blog.  The Cutest Blog on the Block is the place to go for all things hook-up-my-blog related!  (Also, if you're in the market for some digital scrapbooking, MyMemories is a great marketplace!)

With all of that said, I decided to change my blog name as well.  Make Time for Glitter came about in a conversation with a friend about how we never have enough time, but I was bound and determined to make time for fun!  Yeah.  Right.  Wishful thinking. Haha!  So it didn't fit, and the name is being retired.  The other day, I was flipping through the channels and saw "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" on the guide list... Now THAT was more my life!  Hectic, all over the place, stressful, confusing, crazy... So, thanks to a show that I don't watch, the blog has a new name. :)  Besides, who doesn't like a little alliteration? ;)

As with other changes, well... I've been through a lot already this year, and we're only halfway through 2016!  Between personal problems and professional obstacles, I was pretty lost for a long time.  I'm working my way out of it all, though.  I found something that I truly enjoy - helping people - and am making a second career of it.  I'm pretty excited about it, and it definitely helps to have something to focus on.

And while we're talking about what I've been up to.. You guys know I like books.  Random books.  Here are a couple that I'm reading now:

   

I know, I know... It's a weird combination.  One is definitely professional development, and the other I'm thinking I can count as personal development.  Boy, do I need some personal developing!  I have a few more on my reading list.  I'll fill you in as I go. :)

A few that I've read so far this summer:

  

The Book Whisperer was a very insightful book!  I definitely recommend it, especially for teachers of older kids.  The Lightning Thief... Well, if I'm going back to Intermediate, I'd better get back to reading those books.  And Go Pro was a gift from my coach in regards to that second career choice.  Definitely worth it, and I decided to gift it to my coaches as well!

Happy Summer Solstice, all!!
From the Land of the Midnight Sun!


No comments:

Post a Comment