Wednesday, June 29, 2016

40-Hour Teacher Workweek?

Is that really a thing??

I'm a skeptic.  About a lot of things.  But especially this!

Next year will be my eleventh year teaching.  I have never gone a school year where I actually only worked 40 hours per week.  I've always worked at least 50 hours a week, but usually it was closer to 65.  But this crazy lady (Angela Watson) says I can get everything done in 40 hours.  Definitely a skeptic!

But I came across this offer in an email from Laura Candler.  (Do you follow her?  She does some pretty amazing things!)  She sent me a link (because yes, we're like best friends and she sends stuff only to me, not to everyone that registers for her website Ha!).  The link was for a private Facebook group, Teachers Working Smarter.  You can join that group.  I did.  It's full of people who have either taken Angela Watson's 40 Hour Teacher Workweek course or people who are questioning its worth.

I'm not going to bore you with copied/pasted posts about how people feel about the class.  I will, however, provide you a link to the website so you can check it out for yourself!  Just click [here].  It will take you to The Cornerstone, and should be a direct link to the 40-Hour Teacher Workweek course.

I debated on registering for this course for a few days.  I finally bit the bullet and registered because 1) what harm could it do?  Worst case, I get a few extra resources that are useful throughout the year (because it's a year-long course).  Not to mention 2) I have been trying so hard over the last year to leave work at work, and I'm struggling.  I need to learn how to do it somehow, or I risk never having a personal life.  I can't ruin that again.

So, I don't get paid for sharing this with you.  I just wanted to toss an idea out there for anyone questioning how to find the balance between work life and home life.  I can't say this course is gold, but I'm willing to find out!  Let me know if you signed up!  We can be study buddies!  (Or accountability partners, anyway. Haha!)


No comments:

Post a Comment